Thursday, November 26, 2009

CAPTURING nature MYSTIQUE & conveying GRATITUDE

Giving thanks for this day
yet completely incapable to put into words
the magnitude of mystical and familial beauty
that enfolded me in
every aspect of experience
gratitude and awe are attemptedly expressed
how is it possible to capture such essence light and life~
i'm only a clunker of a photo nerd
and yet here is the most magnificent photo i've ever taken to date
profound gratitude for technology

Above and beyond all this fascination, this was the day that my daughter was scheduled to work. She works at a gourmet restaurant in Morro Bay and got to work all day creating thanksgiving feasting desserts for a myriad of customers. My son and I love to hike, and as she most certainly does not, he & I went on an explore this day rather than do it tomorrow when she was off all day. We went on our hike before we went home, cleaned up, and went to eat at the restaurant in her delightful company.

Logan and I have been to this spot before two or three years ago.
That day he declared that his heart desire to return as the spot was magic to his spirit.
I love that this young man embrace beauty and nature, an experience that we share and can enjoy together for a lifetime. Nothing overly educational or technical, I know some plants, (such as the gooseberry above), trees and birds, but it is the being out there and being enfolded on all sides by the expanse of natural beauty that bonds our hearts...

I didn't tell him exactly where we were going, but...

... he found it.
I called this place Heaven because it is perfect.
He could sense the memory of it as he was drawn forth to our destination. It is where you come upon this saddleback rise between two low ridges.
From there you can see as far as the eye can see on both sides.

~The Southwest view~

The Sentinel Tree
...and again, the communion within his soul spot
on a tiny dot
of this majestic planet


The oak stands to umbrella the soft breeze that meanders its way up the face of the incline, warmed by its journey across the bestowing chaparral.
The scent is sweet with blossoms as it brushes your face with delicious soil earth soul love.

It is the fragility and impermanence of these moments that break my heart.

Hence the immense gratitude for the personal intention to go, to be, to see to not miss the chance to create these momentous memories.
This is what life calls to me...

Then I remember that I'm onto the next adventure, to eat gourmet Turkey with both of my babies who have passed me up in stature, and often in wisdom...

Apparently I'm in trouble for this shot~ And annoyance is revealed in this one~

While we eat there I always ask Mackinzie if she has any funny stories for me from the kitchen. Soon we are wrapped in rib crunching laughter at the great personality antics of the chef. She absolutely loves her job, her boss and her potential for promotion and expansion into the world of gourmet architecture.

In all of this, I'm so touched that these beautiful and wonderful human being who were put on this planet under my guidance are still grateful for my participation in their lives....

1 comment:

  1. A most magnificent photograph indeed. Betimes our vision is startled so clear into the nature of a thing, that the thing becomes the eye beholding -- and nothing holds more beauty than the eye adoring.

    ReplyDelete